Friday, January 17, 2014

TypeScript will you marry me?

Building web front-ends with HTML, CSS and JavaScript is a piece of cake for the common web developer. However when the applications get richer and bigger, like for instance a HTML 5 canvas game or an hybrid mobile app it gets tougher. I personally find it hard to organize and structure my JavaScript. Object orientated programming is really a struggle with JavaScript, isn't it?

No it isn't! You know why? Because there is TypeScript. What is TypeScript? According to typescriptlang.org:

"TypeScript is a language for application-scale JavaScript development.
TypeScript is a typed superset of JavaScript that compiles to plain JavaScript.
Any browser. Any host. Any OS. Open Source."

I use it for almost every big JavaScript project. It helps me with type issues, organizing code and maintainability. You should really give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment